6.10.2007

Curious.

It feels like things are...off kilter nowadays. Things are definitely looking up lately, but they've got a long way to go before I get from "dejected" to "content." I guess right now I'm more or less resting on "hopeful."

One of my co-workers asked me to bake her wedding cake for her. For lack of a picture that could possibly show what my face looked like when she asked, I guess I'll resort to the use of an emoticon:

o_O?!

Uh.....sure? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can always try, and the wedding wouldn't be until March, so I'd have lots of time to perfect some sort of style that she's looking for, but I'm no professional. I bake for fun! Needless to say, I'm a little freaked out about the whole situation..but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Went and saw Knocked Up last night. Overall it was pretty good, and that's saying something considering children in general freak me out and annoy me, and unplanned pregnancies freak me out even more. Jess figured I'd have a panic attack 20 minutes into the flick, but alas, I made it through! Laughing, too! Who would have thought?! I guess I liked it so much because most of the lines in that movie are actually things I say in real life. Like when the guys are in the Vegas hotel and one is pointing out how many chairs there are, and the other is saying that Cheaper By the Dozen is a cruel movie. I've definitely done both of those things before. Fully relatable. Minus the...child...thing. Ugh. I have to stop talking about babies now, I'm going to hyperventilate.

In other news, I've been really wanting to buy a pair of Dr. Martens lately. My boss just got a new pair and he wears them every day to work. And every day I see them I just want to buy my own. Except not in brown. I'm not really an "earth tone" kind of girl.

No comments: