6.25.2007

Not much happening lately.

They installed cameras at the Jesus Chapel. Honestly, I don't think cameras are a deterrent for robberies. They're a deterrent for shoplifting, but only slightly.

Besides that, I feel like I'm living in George Orwell's 1984. I can handle shopping and going places where I'm being filmed to make sure I don't shoplift or rob them or something, but I've never wrapped my mind around being filmed and/or watched while I'm working. It's a weird feeling. I can hardly go near the registers without being covered in goosebumps. I don't know why, but the whole idea of my boss watching me work weirds me out. It makes me feel like they're watching to make sure I don't break the rules, rather than making sure people don't rob us. It's silly, sure, because I KNOW that's not what they're doing, but the whole idea gives me the heebie jeebies.

No comments: